Advanced Women's Studies (AdWS) Graduate Certificate Admissions
Students may pursue the AsWS graduate certificate while simultaneously working towards a master's or doctoral degree in another field, or as a standalone certificate program.
AdWS Graduate Certificate Application Deadlines:
- March 31 for fall admission.
- October 31 for spring admission.
Applications received after these dates will be considered on a case-by-case basis as space allows.
1) Submit to the Graduate Division
To apply to earn the AdWS graduate certificate concurrently with another graduate degree:
- Concurrent Graduate Certificate Program Application form.
- Application Fee.
To apply to earn the AdWS graduate certificate as a standalone program:
- Graduate Admissions Application and Fee Payment Form.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary colleges/universities attended.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (for international students from non-English speaking countries).
2) Submit to the Department of Women's Studies
- Letter of interest indicating:
- Why you are interested in the certificate.
- Long-term goals (personal and professional).
- Letter(s) of recommendation:
- Either one letter from a WS faculty member or three letters which can be released from your home graduate program.
- Academic transcripts.
- Writing sample (optional) such as an article or term paper.